- Student Learning
- Student Experience
- Study Abroad
- International Experience
- Experiential Learning
- Clubs and Organizations
- Diversity Resources
- Career Planning
- Branch Experiment Station Internship program
- Exploring World Agriculture
- Leadership Academy
- STEM Education
- Financial Support
- Academic Calendar
- Contact Information
- Our Research
- Resources for Employees & Students
- Progress & Results
- Our Best
- Outreach & Extension
- Oregon Invests!
Mission, Values and Emphasis
The College of Agricultural Sciences at Oregon State University is Oregon's principal source of knowledge relating to agricultural and food systems, and a major source of knowledge regarding environmental quality, natural resources, life sciences, and rural economies and communities worldwide. The College provides undergraduate and graduate education leading to baccalaureate and graduate degrees, and extended education programs throughout Oregon and beyond. Its research programs create knowledge to solve problems and to build a knowledge base for the future. It is a source of information and expertise in integrating and applying knowledge with benefits that are felt in domestic and international settings.
The College of Agricultural Sciences reflects these values:
- Responsiveness to the needs of those it serves;
- Partnership and cooperation with individuals, organizations, businesses, and agencies outside the University;
- Teamwork and coordination among its units and with other units at the University;
- Credibility as a source of reliable, research-based information and education.
To carry out its mission in a manner consistent with University goals, the College of Agricultural Sciences supports teaching, research, and extension in the basic and applied sciences essential for the education of new generations of students and clients to advance these areas of emphasis:
- New value-added products and markets that leverage the economic contributions of Oregon agriculture.
- Natural resources management and policy through discovery and learning to improve understanding of nature as a system.
- Integrated management systems that help assure economically sustainable, environmentally sound agriculture.
Source: Office of the Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences, 126 Strand Agriculture Hall, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331 541-737-2331