The Research Major
Bioresource: any resource of biological origin.
Research: continued search after truth.
BioResource Research (BRR): an interdisciplinary biosciences major centered around student research. Students take biosciences core courses, complete an option (bioscience/natural resource specialization) and do a research project of their choice with a faculty mentor. This research opportunity is unmatched in any other program at OSU.
BRR students are looking for more than the usual OSU education. They like to see the relevancy of their education, make a difference, and gain work experience while reaching their educational goals.
100% of BRR graduates have found jobs or been admitted to graduate or professional schools within three months of graduating.
BIOSCIENCE CORE COURSES
• Take foundation courses in the biological and physical sciences
BIOSCIENCES/ NATURAL RESOURCES OPTION
Bioproducts and Bioenergy is one of the newest options
• Choose an option (area of specialization) from 13 choices
• Select individualized, interdisciplinary upper-division coursework to support your option and research project
Water quality research
• Do a mentored research project in a cutting-edge area of science
• BRR students have done their research with faculty in the Colleges of Agricultural Sciences; Engineering; Forestry; Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences; Pharmacy; Science; and Veterinary Medicine; and with the USDA, the US EPA, the US Forest Service, and the North Willamette Research and Extension station.