Parents, Alumni, and Friends: Thanks for your support!
Keeping up with BRR: you can
- check the newsletters
- email Wanda Crannell, the advisor (BRR@oregonstate.edu), with news, questions, or to be added to the mailing list
- schedule a visit with the BRR Director, Kate Field (email@example.com)
Students need financial support!
Scholarships and other funding make it possible for BRR students to attend OSU, participate in research, and have access to special opportunities. For example, in 2008-2009:
- Oregon Seed Trade Association provided scholarship support for Tammy Winfield, Joanna Fisher, and Melissa McKenny.
- AnnaRose Adams received one of two National Society of Consulting Soil Scientists Scholarships ($1000 and invitation to the Soil Science Society of America International Annual Meeting)
- CAS Continuing Ventures: Anneke Tucker, AnnaRose Adams, Joanna Fisher, Victoria Grimwood, Christopher Hedstrom.
- CAS Ag. Honors: Martine Torres, Roslyn Albee.
- USDA Multicultural Scholars Program (MSP): Ashley Seeley, Emily Escobedo, Tiffany Harper, Omar Miranda-Garcia, Martine Torres, Danielle Naylor.
Did you know that not many scholarships are available to BRR students, compared to what's available to student in majors that have been in existence for longer? Most scholarships are very specific, so BRR students may not be eligible. Yet scholarships are vitally important to OSU students - they may be forced to choose a major based solely on scholarship availability. BRR provides unique opportunities for students. We would like these to be available to all students who want them, regardless of financial need!
Please consider making a donation to BRR, or funding a scholarship that BRR students can use. For you recent graduates, remember that even a very small contribution means a lot, and small contributions add up quickly!
To get to the OSU Foundation giving page directly, click here.
For more information, go to the OSU Foundation Campaign for OSU webpage.
Or if you would rather talk to one of us, contact:
Kate Field, BRR Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) (541) 737-1837, or
Betsy Hartley, Director of External Relations and Marketing, College of Agricultural Sciences (email@example.com) (541) 737-5822