- About the College
- Feature Stories
- News Releases
- Student Learning
- Student Experience
- Financial Support
- Academic Calendar
- Contact Information
- Our Research
- Resources for Employees & Students
- Progress & Results
- Our Best
- Recent Awards and Honors
- Student of the Month
- Young Alumni Award
- Diamond Pioneer Award
- Ag Hall of Fame
- Faculty and Staff Awards
- 2012 Recipients
- 2011 Recipients
- ARF Distinguished Faculty
- ARF Faculty Research Assistant
- CAS Excellence in Extension Education
- Classified Employee and Professional Faculty Award
- Legacy and Leadership Awards
- Price/ARF Excellence in Research
- Price/ARF Excellence in Student Advising
- RM Wade Excellence in Teaching
- Roy G. Arnold/ARF Leadership Award
- Savery Outstanding Young Faculty
- Briskey Award
- Art About Ag
- Oregon's Ag Progress Magazine
- Outreach & Extension
- Oregon Invests!
Agricultural Research Foundation: Distinguished Faculty Award
To recognize the career contributions of faculty within the College of Agricultural Science at Oregon State University
One cash award of $1000.00 will be made.
In addition, a one-time $1,000.00 award will be provided for program enhancement in the recipient's department. Possible uses include but are not limited to the following:
- Equipment purchase,
- a one-time scholarship, or
- library purchases
The recipients will receive the cash award, a plaque, and their picture will be displayed by the College of Agricultural Sciences. The formal announcement and presentations of the award will be made at the College of Agricultural Sciences' Faculty and Staff Luncheon.
The nominees must be a Professor within the College of Agricultural Sciences. The award is intended to honor the careers of truly distinguished faculty in CAS. Although there is no minimum time of service required for the award, it is anticipated that the nominees will have spent a significant portion of their academic career at OSU.
Evaluations will be based on the following criteria:
- Extended contributions by the faculty member to their discipline, professional societies and the advancement of knowledge, academic programs or Extension education to the benefit of their profession, our students and stakeholders.
- Exceptional scholarship in their performance of duties
- Leadership in their discipline
- Service to the college and university
- Peer recognition
- Evidence of recognition beyond the university
The nomination materials should document the sustained contributions of the nominee.
Nominations should be coordinated through the respective department of administrative unit. Complete nomination packets should be sent to the office of the Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences.
Supporting documentation should include:
- A letter of nomination consisting of no more than two single-spaced pages,
- Professional resume,
- Position Description, and
- Three to five supporting letters of which at least two should be external.
The College of Agricultural Sciences Awards Committee will select the award winners. This committee is composed of CAS faculty and staff.
This award is sponsored by the Agricultural Research Foundation.