- About the College
- Feature Stories
- News Releases
- Student Learning
- Student Experience
- Financial Support
- Academic Calendar
- Contact Information
- Our Research
- Resources for Employees & Students
- Progress & Results
- Our Best
- Recent Awards and Honors
- Student of the Month
- Young Alumni Award
- Diamond Pioneer Award
- Ag Hall of Fame
- Faculty and Staff Awards
- 2012 Recipients
- 2011 Recipients
- ARF Distinguished Faculty
- ARF Faculty Research Assistant
- CAS Excellence in Extension Education
- Classified Employee and Professional Faculty Award
- Legacy and Leadership Awards
- Price/ARF Excellence in Research
- Price/ARF Excellence in Student Advising
- RM Wade Excellence in Teaching
- Roy G. Arnold/ARF Leadership Award
- Savery Outstanding Young Faculty
- Briskey Award
- Art About Ag
- Oregon's Ag Progress Magazine
- Outreach & Extension
- Oregon Invests!
Agricultural Research Foundation: Faculty Research Assistant Award
To recognize outstanding and exceptional service by Faculty Research Assistants within the College of Agricultural Science at Oregon State University
Two cash awards of $1000.00 will be made.
The recipients will receive the cash award, a plaque, and their picture will be displayed by the College of Agricultural Sciences. The formal announcement and presentations of the award will be made at the College of Agricultural Sciences' Faculty and Staff Luncheon.
The nominees must be member of the professional staff within the College of Agricultural Sciences and hold the rank of Faculty Research Assistant or Senior Faculty Research Assistant. At the time of nomination, the nominees must have a minimum of three years of service within the College of Agricultural Sciences.
Evaluations will be based on the following criteria:
- Job performance and innovation - as it exceeds normal expectations
- Willingness to accept new responsibilities
- Peer recognition
- Evidence of continued professional growth and development
- Involvement in University-related outside activities
The nomination materials should include examples of how the nominee excels in the categories listed above.
Nominations should be coordinated through the respective department of administrative unit. Complete nomination packets should be sent to the office of the Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences.
Supporting documentation should include:
- A letter of nomination consisting of no more than two single-spaced pages, summarizing the major contributions of the nominee,
- Professional resume,
- Position Description, and
- Three to five supporting letters.
The College of Agricultural Sciences Awards Committee will select the award winners. This committee is composed of CAS faculty and staff.
This award is sponsored by the Agricultural Research Foundation.