- About the College
- Contact Us
- Operating Units
- Dean's Welcome
- College Leadership
- Principles and Practices
- Giving to the College of Agricultural Sciences
- Mission, Values, and Emphasis
- Capital Campaign Cabinet
- Dean's Advisory Group
- Policies and Procedures
- Strategic Intent
- Feature Stories
- News Releases
- About the College
- Student Learning
- Student Experience
- Study Abroad
- International Experience
- Experiential Learning
- Clubs and Organizations
- Diversity Resources
- Career Planning
- Branch Experiment Station Internship program
- Exploring World Agriculture
- Leadership Academy
- STEM Education
- Financial Support
- Academic Calendar
- Contact Information
- Our Research
- Resources for Employees & Students
- Progress & Results
- Our Best
- Outreach & Extension
- Bridges to Prosperity
Roy G. Arnold/Agricultural Research Foundation Leadership Award
To recognize an administrator for outstanding contributions to the research mission by of the College of Agricultural Science at Oregon State University
One cash award of $1000.00 will be made.
The recipients will receive the cash award, a plaque, and their picture will be displayed by the College of Agricultural Sciences. The formal announcement and presentations of the award will be made at the College of Agricultural Sciences' Faculty and Staff Luncheon.
The nominees must be a department head, branch station director, center director or other faculty with significant administrative responsibilities within the College of Agricultural Sciences. The award is intended to honor the noteworthy leadership in advancing the research mission of the Agricultural Experiment Station and CAS.
Evaluations will be based on the following criteria:
- Leadership in developing new research programs or initiatives,
- Engaging stakeholders in advancing the research objectives of their units,
- Recruiting, mentoring and assisting the development of new faculty,
- Demonstrating scholarship in their performance of their administrative duties,
- Service to the college and university
- Recognition in their discipline, and
- Peer recognition
The nomination materials should document the leadership accomplishments of the nominee.
Nominations should be submitted by members of the CAS administrative team. Complete nomination packets should be sent to the office of the Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences.
Supporting documentation should include:
- A letter of nomination consisting of no more than two single-spaced pages,
- Professional resume,
- Position Description, and
- Three to five supporting letters.
The College of Agricultural Sciences Awards Committee will select the award winners. This committee is composed of CAS faculty and staff.
This award is sponsored by the Agricultural Research Foundation.