- About the College
- Contact Us
- Operating Units
- Dean's Welcome
- College Leadership
- Principles and Practices
- Giving to the College of Agricultural Sciences
- Mission, Values, and Emphasis
- Capital Campaign Cabinet
- Dean's Advisory Group
- Policies and Procedures
- Strategic Intent
- Feature Stories
- News Releases
- About the College
- Student Learning
- Student Experience
- Study Abroad
- International Experience
- Experiential Learning
- Clubs and Organizations
- Diversity Resources
- Career Planning
- Branch Experiment Station Internship program
- Exploring World Agriculture
- Leadership Academy
- STEM Education
- Financial Support
- Academic Calendar
- Contact Information
- Our Research
- Resources for Employees & Students
- Progress & Results
- Our Best
- Outreach & Extension
- Oregon Invests!
Briskey Award for Faculty Excellence
Recognizing faculty achievement within the College of Agricultural Sciences at Oregon State University.
The award will rotate on a three year cycle and the award winner will receive $1,000. The award winner will receive a plaque and their picture will be displayed by the College of Agricultural Sciences. Announcement of the award recipient will be made at the College of Agricultural Sciences' Faculty and Staff Luncheon. Note: 2014 is year three of the current cycle.
Must be a faculty member in the College of Agricultural Sciences at Oregon State University.
In years one and two the award shall be given to off-campus faculty in the counties and the research and Extension centers. In year three the award shall be given to an on-campus faculty member with the following criteria. Awards will be made on the basis of program excellence, merit and achievement.
- Nominations should be coordinated through unit, county, or department offices and the complete nomination packet should be sent to the Office of the Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences.
- Second year submission-year one off-campus nomination packet letters of support may be resubmitted in year two with a new nomination letter and resume.
- Supporting documents should include:
- Nomination letter consisting of no more than two pages, double-spaced, summarizing major contributions.
- A professional resume including position description, FTE assignment, and evidence of successful program.
- No more than five supporting letters from colleagues and clients. At least two letters should come from individuals not employed by the University.
- The College of Agricultural Sciences Awards Committee will review the dossiers and forward the names of the top two candidates to the Office of the Dean. The final selection will be made by the Dean and Associate Deans of the College of Agricultural Science, in consultation with the sponsor of the award
The cash award is provided through the E.R.Jackman Foundation from the contributions of Dr. and Mrs. Ernest J. Briskey.