- About the College
- Feature Stories
- News Releases
- Student Learning
- Student Experience
- Financial Support
- Academic Calendar
- Contact Information
- Our Research
- Resources for Employees & Students
- Progress & Results
- Our Best
- Recent Awards and Honors
- Student of the Month
- Young Alumni Award
- Diamond Pioneer Award
- Ag Hall of Fame
- Faculty and Staff Awards
- 2012 Recipients
- 2011 Recipients
- ARF Distinguished Faculty
- ARF Faculty Research Assistant
- CAS Excellence in Extension Education
- Classified Employee and Professional Faculty Award
- Legacy and Leadership Awards
- Price/ARF Excellence in Research
- Price/ARF Excellence in Student Advising
- RM Wade Excellence in Teaching
- Roy G. Arnold/ARF Leadership Award
- Savery Outstanding Young Faculty
- Briskey Award
- Art About Ag
- Oregon's Ag Progress Magazine
- Outreach & Extension
- Oregon Invests!
College of Agricultural Sciences Classified Employee and Professional Faculty Award
To recognize outstanding and exceptional service by classified employees and professional faculty within the College of Agricultural Sciences at Oregon State University.
Up to four cash awards of $1000.00 will be made.
The recipients will receive an award, and their picture will be displayed by the College of Agricultural Sciences. Announcement of the awards will be made at the College of Agricultural Sciences' Faculty and Staff Luncheon. These awards have been made possible by the personal donations of College of Agricultural Sciences administrators. Administrators felt that recognition should be given to those CAS employees who make our programs and efforts successful.
The nominees must be member of the classified staff or professional faculty within the College of Agricultural Sciences. At the time of nomination, the nominees must have a minimum of three years of service within the College of Agricultural Sciences.
Evaluations will be based on the following criteria:
- Job performance--as it exceeds normal expectations
- Willingness to accept new and/or extra activities
- Evidence of favorable peer respect
- Evidence of continued professional growth
- University-related outside activities
Examples which are applicable should be given in each of the areas listed above to support nominations.
- Nominations should be coordinated through the respective department or administrative unit and complete nomination packets should be sent to the Office of the Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences.
- A nomination packet may be resubmitted a second time with previous year letters of support. A new cover letter, position description and resume must be prepared.
- Supporting documents should include:
- A cover letter, double spaced, not to exceed two pages that addresses the six criteria listed above.
- Three to five supporting letters.
- Position description.
- A resume of professional activities and other relevant information.
- The award winners will be selected by the College of Agricultural Sciences Awards Committee comprising faculty, professional faculty, and classified staff.
This award is sponsored through E. R. Jackman by gifts from administrators in the College of Agricultural Sciences.