- About the College
- Feature Stories
- News Releases
- Student Learning
- Student Experience
- Financial Support
- Academic Calendar
- Contact Information
- Our Research
- Resources for Employees & Students
- Progress & Results
- Our Best
- Recent Awards and Honors
- Student of the Month
- Young Alumni Award
- Diamond Pioneer Award
- Ag Hall of Fame
- Faculty and Staff Awards
- 2012 Recipients
- 2011 Recipients
- ARF Distinguished Faculty
- ARF Faculty Research Assistant
- CAS Excellence in Extension Education
- Classified Employee and Professional Faculty Award
- Legacy and Leadership Awards
- Price/ARF Excellence in Research
- Price/ARF Excellence in Student Advising
- RM Wade Excellence in Teaching
- Roy G. Arnold/ARF Leadership Award
- Savery Outstanding Young Faculty
- Briskey Award
- Art About Ag
- Oregon's Ag Progress Magazine
- Outreach & Extension
- Oregon Invests!
College of Agricultural Sciences Award for Excellence in Extension Education
To recognize the achievement of excellence by agricultural Extension agents and specialists who have contributed significantly in helping Oregonians resolve difficult problems through extended educational programs.
The recipient will receive $1,000, a plaque, and his/her picture will be displayed by the College of Agricultural Sciences. Announcement of the award recipient will be made at the College of Agricultural Sciences' Faculty and Staff Luncheon.
Nominees must currently be employed as Extension faculty whose primary area of subject-matter responsibility is agricultural sciences and natural resources with academic home in one of the departments in the College of Agricultural Sciences.
Nominations will be evaluated on the conduct of significant educational programs, the use of effective educational methods, and measurable results achieved.
- Nominations should be coordinated through a department, county office, or administrative unit and a complete nomination packet should be submitted to the Office of the Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences.
- A nomination may be submitted for a second year with previous year's support letters. A new nomination letter and resume must be submitted.
- Supporting documents should include:
- Nomination letter consisting of no more than two pages, double-spaced, summarizing the major contributions of the nominee's educational program efforts and the impact on Oregonians.
- A professional resume including position description, FTE assignment, and evidence of successful program.
- No more than five supporting letters from colleagues and clients.
- The award recipient will be selected by the College of Agricultural Sciences Awards Committee. The Awards Committee includes faculty on Extension appointment.
- The award will be given on a three-year rotation between agents and specialists; two years to agents and the third to a specialist. 2013 is year two in the rotation, award is to an agent.
The cash award is sponsored by the College of Agricultural Sciences.