- About the College
- Contact Us
- Operating Units
- Dean's Welcome
- College Leadership
- Principles and Practices
- Giving to the College of Agricultural Sciences
- Mission, Values, and Emphasis
- Capital Campaign Cabinet
- Dean's Advisory Group
- Policies and Procedures
- Strategic Intent
- Feature Stories
- News Releases
- About the College
- Student Learning
- Student Experience
- Study Abroad
- International Experience
- Experiential Learning
- Clubs and Organizations
- Diversity Resources
- Career Planning
- Branch Experiment Station Internship program
- Exploring World Agriculture
- Leadership Academy
- STEM Education
- Financial Support
- Academic Calendar
- Contact Information
- Our Research
- Resources for Employees & Students
- Progress & Results
- Our Best
- Outreach & Extension
- Oregon Invests!
F.E. Price/Agricultural Research Foundation Award for Excellence in Research
To recognize outstanding contributions to agriculture through research and development activities associated with the Oregon Agricultural Experiment Station, College of Agricultural Sciences.
The recipient will receive $1,000, a plaque, and their picture will be displayed by the College of Agricultural Sciences. Announcement of the award recipient will be made at the College of Agricultural Sciences' Faculty and Staff Luncheon.
The candidate must be a living person affiliated with an administrative unit in the College of Agricultural Sciences.
Nominations will be evaluated on the basis of research contributions leading to improvement in agricultural production, processing, marketing, distribution or product safety, as well as research related to rural development, improved environmental quality, and the improved management and conservation of natural resources--soil, fisheries, wildlife, and rangelands.
- Nominations should be coordinated through a department or administrative unit and a complete nomination packet should be sent to the Office of the Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences.
- A nomination packet may be resubmitted a second time with the previous year's letter of support. A new nomination letter and resume must be prepared.
- Supporting documents should include:
- Nomination letter of no more than two pages, summarizing the major contributions of the nominee's research efforts.
- A professional resume including position description, FTE assignment, and evidence of successful program.
- No more than five supporting letters from individuals who can substantiate the impact of the nominee's research contribution. At least two letters should come from individuals not employed by the University.
- The award recipient will be selected by the College of Agricultural Sciences Awards Committee composed of faculty and students.
The cash award is provided by the Agricultural Research Foundation