- About the College
- Feature Stories
- News Releases
- Student Learning
- Student Experience
- Financial Support
- Academic Calendar
- Contact Information
- Our Research
- Resources for Employees & Students
- Progress & Results
- Our Best
- Recent Awards and Honors
- Student of the Month
- Young Alumni Award
- Diamond Pioneer Award
- Ag Hall of Fame
- Faculty and Staff Awards
- 2012 Recipients
- 2011 Recipients
- ARF Distinguished Faculty
- ARF Faculty Research Assistant
- CAS Excellence in Extension Education
- Classified Employee and Professional Faculty Award
- Legacy and Leadership Awards
- Price/ARF Excellence in Research
- Price/ARF Excellence in Student Advising
- RM Wade Excellence in Teaching
- Roy G. Arnold/ARF Leadership Award
- Savery Outstanding Young Faculty
- Briskey Award
- Art About Ag
- Oregon's Ag Progress Magazine
- Outreach & Extension
- Oregon Invests!
Savery Outstanding Young Faculty Award
To recognize outstanding contributions through teaching, research, international, and/or extended education activities of a young faculty member in the College of Agricultural Sciences at Oregon State University.
The recipient will receive $1,000, a plaque, and their picture will be displayed by the College of Agricultural Sciences. Announcement of the award recipient will be made at the College of Agricultural Sciences' Faculty and Staff Luncheon.
The nominee must be a faculty member in the College of Agricultural Sciences and be within 15 years of the terminal degree.
Nominations will be evaluated on the basis of mastery of the subject, ability to communicate and motivate with lectures, programs or publications; contributions leading to the improvement of agricultural production, processing, conservation of natural resources, or the development of human potential; and/or the improvement of the quality of life.
- Nominations should be coordinated through a department or administrative unit and a complete nomination packet should be sent to the Office of the Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences.
- A nomination packet may be resubmitted a second time with the previous year's letters of support. Other supporting documents must be updated.
- Supporting documents should include:
- Nomination letter of no more than two pages, double-spaced, summarizing the major contributions of the nominee's activities.
- A professional resume including position description, FTE assignment, and evidence of successful program.
- No more than five supporting letters from both colleagues and clients. At least two letters should come from individuals not employed by the University.
- Election of the award recipient will be made by the College of Agricultural Sciences Awards Committee composed of faculty and students.
The cash award is provided from the Savery Development Fund of the Agricultural Research Foundation.