To recognize superior and distinguished interdisciplinary team achievements through teaching, research, international, or extended education activities of faculty and staff. Presentation of this award will serve to highlight the importance of interdisciplinary team effort in achieving the goals of the College of Agricultural Sciences, Oregon State University and of Oregon agriculture, and to show in a tangible way that the College stands strongly behind such efforts.
The award will consist of the Oldfield/Jackman certificate, presented to each team member; an award of $4,000 for the team; and display of their picture by the College of Agricultural Sciences. Announcement of the award recipients will be made at the College of Agricultural Sciences' Faculty and Staff Luncheon.
The nominees must include faculty or staff members in the College of Agricultural Sciences at Oregon State University. For purposes of this award, a team will be defined as two or more people working toward a specific objective. Interdisciplinary teams obviously involve the participation of persons trained in different fields and having different skills. An interdisciplinary team can exist within a single administrative unit, but more frequently will cross interdepartmental, intercollegiate, intercampus or inter-institutional administrative lines. Recognition will be for sustained team efforts which have produced substantial results in research, teaching, extended education, and international programs, or any combination of these, during the past three year period.
The award may be given more than once to the same team, if continuing nominations clearly identify productive progress since the earlier award.
Nominations will be evaluated on the basis of excellence demonstrated in the following areas:
- Ingenuity, productivity and impact.
- Team effort, influence of effort on success of the project or problem.
- Project or problem identification and strategy.
- Quality of the nomination.
- Nominations may be made by individuals or groups, including administrators and staff or from any of the many constituency groups related to Oregon State University and the College of Agricultural Sciences. Completed supporting documents should be submitted to the Office of the Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences.
- A nomination packet may be resubmitted a second time with the previous year's letters of support. Other supporting documents must be updated.
- Supporting documents should include:
- Title and Program Description
- Description of team effort which should include:
- Name, title and FTE assignment of team members to receive recognition,
- Professional resume of team members to receive recognition,
- Three letters of support documenting the interdisciplinary nature and impact of the team effort, including one from outside the University.
- The College of Agricultural Sciences Awards Committee will review the dossiers and forward the names of the top two candidates to the Office of the Dean. The final selection will be made by the Dean and the Associate Deans of the College of Agricultural Sciences, and a faculty representative.
The faculty representative will be selected from previous team recipients and will be appointed by the Dean of the College of Agricultural Sciences, at Oregon State University.
The award is provided jointly by E. R. Jackman and the contributions of James and Mildred Oldfield and their friends.