2021 BES Research Internships
The Branch Experiment Stations (BES) for the College of Agricultural Sciences are pleased to announce an exciting experiential learning opportunity for Oregon State University undergraduate students. The Branch Experiment Stations are off-campus research facilities located across Oregon. They are located in regions of Oregon where they can have the most impact in helping stakeholders (farmers, ranchers, fishermen, food processing entrepreneurs) to address the critical issues specific to that locale.
After the application deadline (March 22, 2021), BES faculty will review applications and contact students they wish to interview.
Successful applicants will be provided an hourly wage, with some locations also providing housing. Applicants will be expected to spend between ten and thirteen weeks at the BES location. Most opportunities are during Summer Term, however several take place during Fall or Winter (please read the opportunity descriptions carefully).
Student Researchers are required to complete a written report (either a research paper, or a weekly blog) and create and present a research poster at the October 2021 CAS Student Showcase & Career Fair.
Funding for the experiential learning experience is for the stated period and is limited to students enrolled as OSU undergraduates at the time of application and for the term following completion of the stated period (students classified as graduate students or in Veterinary Medicine are not eligible to apply or receive an award).
- Only one award per year, per student, is allowed.
- Students may apply more than once, but may not apply for the same location or faculty mentor.
- Only students who are currently enrolled and taking classes at Oregon State as undergraduates at the time of application submission are eligible to apply. For questions about eligiblity requirements, please contact Christina Walsh, Student Engagement Coordinator.
Interested students must complete the following:
- The Student Researcher Application will be live between March 5- March 22, 2020. The link to that application can be found at the top of this page during those dates.
- The application form will require you upload a cover letter, resume, and your unofficial transcript.
- Your cover letter should address why you are applying, what skills and qualifications you have that make you qualified for this program, and how this internship relates to your goals. The application deadline will be 11:59pm March 22, 2021.
- Submit inquires and question to Christina Walsh, Student Engagement Coordinator, Academic Programs Office.