Corvallis Campus Students
START Program for Newly Admitted Students:
All newly accepted students are required to attend a new student orientation referred to as "START." If you are attending OSU fall term for the first time, we encourage you to sign up for the earliest summer START session you can make. If you are entering either winter or spring terms, a START session is still required (just fewer date options). Please refer to your Beaver Basecamp for next steps, or contact New Student and Family Programs Office to register for START: https://newstudents.oregonstate.edu/START
Advising in the College of Agricultural Sciences occurs once per term. You will receive a new registration PIN number each term from your advisor. You should plan to schedule your advising appointment with your academic advisor for a date a week or more before your registration date. Please know your registration day/time when scheduling your appointment. This can be found on your OSU student protal under "view priority registration."
Information About Registration:
- Each term, you will need a registration PIN number (except summer term), which will be issued from your advisor. Check your OSU email frequently so you can follow reminders related to registration and PIN number retrieval protocol each term.
- Keep in mind, OSU is on a quarter system. Registration begins around week 7 (out of a 10 week term) for the FOLLOWING term. However, you will be able to find your registration day and time as early as week 4.
- Registration is based upon earned credit. You will have a specific day and priority time to register. Please check your priority registration each term to determine when you are able to register for courses. You can also follow this link for more detailed instructions.
- MyDegrees is a good starting point to view what is remaining in your degree program. There is not a typical year-by-year in the major because of so many variable classes.
How to Prepare for your Advising Appointment:
- Log onto MyDegrees (found on your OSU student portal), and view your degree progress; Note what is remaining, both course requirements and overall credits (including upper division, seen at the very bottom of the page).
- Jot down questions - bring them with you!
- Prepare a list of classes you may be interested in registering for (including backups). Remember that your Agricultural Sciences elective credits can come from pre-approved departments within our college. Use the schedule of classes to view what is available each term, checking for pre-reqs and any other restrictions: https://classes.oregonstate.edu/
Setup an Advising Appointment:
Please refer to our department advising page for more detailed information on scheduling an advising appointment.
If you have questions or if you do not know who your advisor is, please contact us at 541-737-2661 or at Ag.Education@oregonstate.edu. You are also wlecome to stop by in person at 108 Strand Agriculture Hall on the Corvallis campus.