Corvallis Campus Students
START Program for Newly Admitted Students:
All newly accepted students are required to attend a new student orientation referred to as "START." If you are attending OSU fall term for the first time, we encourage you to sign up for the earliest summer START session you can make. If you are entering either winter or spring terms, a START session is required (just a fewer date options). Please refer to your admit paper work for next steps, or contact New Student and Family Programs Office to register for START: https://newstudents.oregonstate.edu/START
Advising in the College of Agricultural Sciences occurs once per term. You will receive a new registration PIN number each term from your advisor. You should schedule your advising appointment with your academic advisor a few days prior to your registration date. Please know your registration day/time when scheduling your appointment. This can be found on your MyOregonState student portal under "view priority registration."
Information About Registration:
- Each term, you will need a registration PIN number (except summer term), which will be issued from your advisor. Check your ONID email frequently so you can follow reminders related to registration and PIN number retrieval protocol each term.
- Keep in mind, OSU is on a quarter system. Registration begins around week 7 (out of a 10 week term) for the FOLLOWING term. However, you will know your registration day and time prior to week 7.
- Registration is based upon earned credit. You will have a specific day and priority time to register. Please check this day/time each term on your MyOregonState account, "view priority registration status". You can also follow this link for more detailed instructions.
- If you desire a phone/zoom appointment with your advisor, you will want to schedule ahead of your registration day and time.
- MyDegrees is a good starting point to view what is remaining in your degree program. There is not a typical year by year in the major because of so many variable classes.
How to Prepare for your Advising Appointment:
- Log-onto My Degrees (found on MyOregonState online services portal), and view your degree progress; Note what is remaining, both course requirements and overall credits (including upper division, seen at the very bottom of the page).
- Jot down questions - bring them with you!
- Prepare a list of classes you may be interested in registering for (including backups). Remember that your Agricultural Sciences elective credits can come from pre-approved departments within our college. Use the schedule of classes to view what is available each term, checking for pre-reqs and any other restrictions: https://classes.oregonstate.edu/
Setup an Advising Appointment:
- For a 30-minute advising appointment with Melissa Millhollin, click here.
- For a 30-minute advising appointment with Dawn Moyer, click here.
If you have questions or if you do not know who your advisor is, please contact us at 541-737-2661 or at Ag.Education@oregonstate.edu