Extended Campus Students
Ecampus Online Orientation For Newly Admitted Students:
If you have been admitted to OSU as a distance education student and plan to pursue the Agricultural Sciences major online, your next step is to complete the Ecampus Online Orientation. Immediate next steps and to-do's as a newly admitted distance student can be found here (including the orientation link): http://ecampus.oregonstate.edu/students/newly-admitted/
Also, take a look at a few common misbeliefs about Online Learning. Online Learning Myths
Ecampus students do not attend the START Orientation Program:
Once your online orientation is completed and submitted, an academic advisor in the department will be notified. At that time, you will be contacted via phone or email to schedule a follow up phone appointment to discuss:
- the requirements and details of the Agricultural Sciences degree
- your transfer work (as applicable)
- how to navigate online tools including the degree audit system called My Degrees
- how/what to register for
Your advisor will issue your registration PIN number, as well. Please allow one hour for this follow up call. For an efficient appointment, being on a computer with internet access is most ideal.
If you are being admitted a few days prior, or after the term has started, you have the option of changing your admit term (to the following term) by filling out the Admissions Application Change Form. Occasionally your admit paperwor/transcripts may be finalized late and can impact your transition and start at OSU. You can discuss the best course of action related to your goals with the academic advisor in the department.
Information About Registration:
- Each term, you will need a registration PIN number (except summer term), which will be issued from your advisor. Check your ONID email frequently so you can follow reminders related to registration and PIN number retrieval protocol each term.
- Keep in mind, OSU is on a quarter system. Registration begins around week 7 (out of a 10 week term) for the FOLLOWING term. However, you will know your registration day and time prior to week 7.
- Registration is based upon earned credit. You will have a specific day and priority time to register. Please check this day/time each term on your ONLINE SERVICES account, "view priority registration status". You can also watch this handy video for more detailed instructions.
- If you desire a phone/appointment with your advisor, you will want to schedule ahead of your registration day and time.
- MyDegrees is a good starting point to view what is remaining in your degree program. There is not a typical year by year in the major because of so many variable classes.
How to Prepare for your Advising Appointment:
- Log-onto My Degrees (found on My OSU online services portal), and view your degree progress; Note what is remaining, both course requirements and overal credits (including upper division, seen at the very bottom of the page).
- Jot down questions - bring them with you!
- Prepare a list of classes you may be interested in registering for (including backups). Remember that your Agricultural Sciences elective credits can come from pre-approved departments within our college. Use the schedule of classess to view what is available each term, checking for pre-reqs and any other restrictions: http://catalog.oregonstate.edu/Default.aspx?section=ClassListing.
Setup An Advising Appointment:
NOTE: If you are a newly admitted e-campus student, please rest assured that our office will contact you to set up your first-time advising appointment and we ask that you do not set up an appointment through the links listed below. If you have questions or do not know who your advisor is, please contact us at 541-737-2661 or at Ag.Education@oregonstate.edu
- For a 30-minute phone/distance appointment with Melissa Millhollin, click here.
- For a 30-minute phone/distance appointment with Dawn Moyer, click here.