Hendrick Martensz Sorgh (c. 1611-1670).
The Vegetable Market (c. 1662). 20 by 28 inches.
Preview the Gallery Online
To celebrate and be inspired by agricultural bounty and by people who are part of food and agriculture communities, the College of Agricultural Sciences at Oregon State University is organizing its 31st annual Art About Agriculture exhibition for 2013, embracing artistic perspectives on the theme, Bounty and Community – Beginning with Food and Agriculture. The College convened a committee of art professionals to nominate artists living in the Pacific Northwest region for this invitational.
Consumers, farmers, marketers, and purveyors of food in association with restaurants, grocery stores, food cooperatives, farmers’ markets, or roadside stands – all these together with agricultural bounty are the heart of the 2013 Art About Agriculture theme. The College invited seventeen artists to participate in the exhibition, and asked them – in creating and selecting their art – to consider people, places for coalescing around the availability of food and agricultural products, and relevant ideas and communities.
- Debra Beers Portland, Oregon
- Christine Bourdette Portland, Oregon
- Harrison Branch Corvallis, Oregon
- Mark Clarke Eugene, Oregon
- Sally Finch Portland, Oregon
- Caryn Friedlander Bellingham, Washington
- Yuji Hiratsuka Corvallis, Oregon
- Tracy Leagjeld Portland, Oregon
- Denise McFadden Vancouver, Washington
- Lynn Miller Sisters, Oregon
- Connie Mueller Eugene, Oregon
- Adam Ottavi, Ester, Alaska
- Mike Rangner Albany, Oregon
- Sara Tabbert, Fairbanks, Alaska
- Gary Tepfer Eugene, Oregon
- Maurice Van Eugene, Oregon
- Jennifer Williams Ridgefield, Washington
Oregon State University, LaSells Stewart Center Giustina Gallery, Corvallis, Oregon: April 1-25, 2013. Reception: 6 to 8 p.m., Friday, April 19, 2013. The Center is located at 26th and Western, Corvallis, 97331, across from Reser Stadium. For more information about the OSU LaSells Stewart Center, please contact Tina Green-Price, Assistant Director and Curator, 541-737-2402, http://oregonstate.edu/lasells, or http://oregonstate.edu/lasells/gallery.
Umpqua Valley Arts Association, Roseburg, Oregon: May 10 – July 3, 2013. Reception: 5 to 7 p.m., Friday, May 10, 2013. The UVAA is located at 1624 West Harvard Avenue, Roseburg, Oregon 97471. Additionally, Friday, June 28 – Sunday, June 30, 2013, Umpqua Valley Arts Association’s annual 45th Summer Arts Festival in Fir Grove Park, surrounding the UVAA. For more information about the UVAA, please contact Aleta McGee, Gallery Manager, 541-672-2532, or uvarts.com.
For more information, contact Shelley Curtis: firstname.lastname@example.org, or 541-737-5534.