Our program has many trials underway in any given year. We provide updates here, and for access to any of our other published papers or Extension publications, please feel free to contact us or go the OSU Extension Catalog.
Recently Published Research
Individual and combined used of sawdust and weed mat mulch in a new planting of northern highbush blueberry. I. Impacts on plant growth and soil and canopy temperature. II. Nutrient uptake and allocation. III. Yield, fruit quality, and costs
Organic production systems in northern highbush blueberry: Impact of planting method, cultivar, fertilizer, and mulch on leaf and soil nutrient concentrations and relationships with yield from planting through maturity
Past Research Projects & Ongoing Plantings
- Seasonal variation in mineral nutrient concentration of primocane and floricane leaves in trailing, erect, and semierect blackberry cultivars
- Seasonal variation in mineral nutrient concentration of primocane and floricane leaves in trailing blackberry cultivars produced in an organic system
- Seasonal variation in leaf nutrient concentation of northern highbush blueberry cultivars grown in conventional and organic production systems
- Northern highbush blueberry cultivars differed in yield and fruit quality in two organic production systems from planting to maturity
- Tissue nutrient concentrations in blackberry - recommended standards and sampling time should differ among blackberry types
- Do targeted calcium applications to fruit increase fruit firmness and shelf-life in berry crops?
- Table Grape cultivar performance in Oregon's Willamette Valley
- Tissue nutrient concentrations of hardy kiwifruit throughout the growing season. Click here for the research paper, click here for a PDF of the research poster!
- Impact of harvesting frequency on fruit quality of blueberry cultivars
- Relationship between seed number per berry and berry weight in blueberry cultivars
- Evaluation of kiwifruit