Note: Application Deadline MAY 18 2018
To date, 27 BioResource Research (BRR) students have been awarded these prestigious scholarships. MSP scholarships are funded by the National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) which is part of the US Department of Agriculture (USDA).
BRR MSP Scholars receive generous tuition scholarships for up to a four-year period. They major in BRR and participate in MANRRS (Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Related Sciences) or SACNAS (Society for Advancing Chicanos and Native Americans in Science).
We recently were awarded USDA funding for more MSP scholarships, to start in fall term 2018. Eligibility:
- Must be an underrepresented minority or first-generation college student
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Cannot already be in BRR at the time of applying
- Scholarship recipients must major in BioResource Research (BRR).
Where are BRR MSP Graduates now?
They are successfully pursuing a variety of paths, such as:
- Regional Manager at Dow Agrosciences
- Food Technologist at Campbell-Fresh
- Research Associate at National Council for Air & Stream Improvement (NCASI)
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Agent at U. Kentucky Cooperative Extension
- Masters program in Biohealth Sciences at U. Glasgow, Scotland
- Pharm.D. program at OSU
- MD program at Harvard
- PhD program at UC Berkeley
- Research Associate at OHSU, OSU
- Program Manager for Diversity and Inclusion Science Initiatives, Arizona State U.
- Project Grant Coordinator, Asian Health & Service Center, Portland
- Sourcing Manager at SeQuential Pacific Biodiesel
- Planning and Environmental Specialist, BLM, Mississippi