Some recent examples:
Investigation of microbial extracts as a source of neurological agents
Native bees, honeybees and pollination in Oregon cranberries
Genetic variation of Renibacterium salmoninarum genes in infected salmonids
Effects of land management on carbon and nitrogen in soils from New Zealand
Two Advances in Practical Alternative Energy
Go to the pages for each option to see more examples of thesis titles.
The research project begins when you find a mentor. During your first term of research, you will be responsible for holding your Initial Project Meeting, turning in your list of proposed option courses, finding a secondary mentor, and completing your research proposal. You must keep track of your research in a Laboratory Notebook. About half-way through your research, you will write and discuss a progress report. During your final term, you will write a thesis and present a final seminar.
The Purpose of BRR Undergraduate Research and Thesis:
- Gain insight into what’s involved in planning and carrying out research studies.
- Learn laboratory techniques and trouble-shooting skills.
- Develop self-confidence in applying academic knowledge and in following a research project from inception to completion.
- Become familiar with literature related to the area of your research interest and option.
- Find out whether you’re interested in graduate school or employment in your research area.
- Earn 14 credits of research and 4 credits of thesis and fulfill degree requirements.