Some recent examples:
Go to the pages for each option to see more examples of thesis titles.
The research project begins when you find a mentor. During your first term of research, you will be responsible for holding your Initial Project Meeting, turning in your list of proposed option courses, finding a secondary mentor, and completing your research proposal. You must keep track of your research in a Laboratory Notebook. About half-way through your research, you will write and discuss a progress report. During your final term, you will write a thesis and present a final seminar.
The Purpose of BRR Undergraduate Research and Thesis:
- Gain insight into what’s involved in planning and carrying out research studies.
- Learn laboratory techniques and trouble-shooting skills.
- Develop self-confidence in applying academic knowledge and in following a research project from inception to completion.
- Become familiar with literature related to the area of your research interest and option.
- Find out whether you’re interested in graduate school or employment in your research area.
- Earn 14 credits of research and 4 credits of thesis and fulfill degree requirements.