BRR students usually identify potential research mentors in the last term of their second year. Steps to follow:
- Discuss your research interests with the Advising Assistant and/or the Director, who will help identify potential mentors. The advisor will direct you to electronic faculty research descriptions.
- Prepare a brief, informal resume.
- Make appointments and meet with the potential mentors. The mentors may contact your references.
- When a tentative mentor-student agreement has been reached, notify the Adviser.
- Schedule the Initial BRR Project Meeting with the mentor, the student, and the Director.