Are you a member of a College of Agricultural Sciences student club in Corvallis or as an Ecampus student?
Are you ready to take your leadership experience to the next level?
The College of Agricultural Sciences (CAS) would like to announce applications for the 2023-2024 CAS Club Leadership Team
The CAS Club Leadership Team (CLT) serves as a lead and promotional body for student clubs and organizations within the College of Agricultural Sciences. This team works with clubs to facilitate professional development, camaraderie, and communication; to promote student activities and events; and to provide resources and opportunities for all CAS students to connect with and fully engage in the CAS community. The CLT also plans college events like Fall Welcome Week, the Ag Industry Tour, Ag & Natural Resources Day, and so much more!
Benefits of involvement
CLT members have opportunities to engage in:
- leadership activities within the College,
- public speaking, including presentations to ~30 CAS club leaders,
- event planning, including project management and budget creation,
- networking with campus and industry partners,
- interviewing of club leaders who request funding through the College,
- writing funding proposals, and
- efforts to make clubs more inclusive.
The baseline time commitments include:
- Weekly 1-hour meetings throughout the academic year (excluding breaks)
- Monthly 2-hour All CAS Clubs meetings held on the second Wednesday of every month (excluding December and June)
There are times throughout the year when more commitment is required (e.g., event planning, funding interviews); however, scheduling accommodations can be made when needed.
- Monday, April 10 (Week 2) - Application opens
- Thursday, May 18 (Week 7) - Application deadline
- May 22-26 (Week 8) - Applicant interviews
- Monday, May 29 (Week 9) - Offers made to selected applicants
- Friday, June 2 (Week 9) - New Club Leadership Team announced!
- Saturday, September 23 (weekend before start of Fall 2023 term) - Retreat
CLT members are selected through an application and interview process conducted by a committee of peers and the advisor.
In the application, you will be asked to provide information on your experience with CAS clubs, event planning, time management, effective communication, and commitment to inclusive excellence.
Former CLT Members Testimonials
“This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in student leadership and improve essential skills in the areas of communication, organization, administration, and teamwork. This is not only an asset to future resumes but provides experience to students involved that will assist them in their careers after higher education.”
“Being involved in CAS leadership brings together peers, clubs, and the entire College of Agricultural Sciences in a way that builds community. You can gain new skills across the board with the support of club membership and direction from administration. CAS club leadership team also provides you the opportunity to network with different industry leaders.”
“Club Leadership Team is an amazing opportunity that OSU offers to allow you to get involved in not only networking skills, but also the opportunity to get to meet a variety of clubs that bring so much insight and uniqueness you might have not interacted with before.”