Due to high demand, the CAS Financial Hardship Grant fund is now reliant upon donations to the Beavers Care campaign. Funds will be expended as they are made available.
The College of Agricultural Sciences has set aside funding to assist students who are experiencing unexpected financial hardship that interferes with academic progress. This funding is being provided to help ensure that CAS students with demonstrated financial need are able to complete their education at OSU.
Note for applicants:
- If you are currently eligible for Financial Aid assistance, the amount you request will be reviewed by the Office of Financial Aid to evaluate financial impact. An approved amount will be rewarded.
- For all students, this award must first be applied to any outstanding student account balance you may have. This aids your financial status with the university and may help avoid interruption to your ability to register in a future term. If funding from your award exceeds an amount owed, the remaining amount will be issued to you directly in the form of a check or direct deposit if you have already established this process with the University.
Examples of financial hardship with an academic impact:
- Financial Aid has been awarded but not received and student must purchase books for upcoming term that begins soon.
- Extreme and unusual expenses or an event has interfered with the student earning or using regular income as planned which prevents the student from paying their student account balance. The resulting registration hold for the upcoming term prevents the student from registering for classes in their final terms.
- Unexpected medical expenses prevent student from addressing registration holds related to an account balance and/or from purchasing materials needed to continue classes.
Please review eligibility criteria listed below. If you believe you are eligible, please complete the online application to apply for funds. Applications will be reviewed and awarded in a timely manner until allotted funds have been expended for the academic year. Eligible students may receive up to $1000 per academic year.
CAS Assistance Fund Eligibility Criteria (must meet all the following):
- Undergraduate CAS student pursuing a first degree and within one year of degree completion
- Enrolled in at least 6 Oregon State credit hours during the term at the time of application; in the case of an intersession application, the student must have successfully completed the prior term
- Currently experiencing economic hardship that significantly impedes academic progress
- Clearly explain how this financial hardship will interrupt immediate academic progress
How to apply:
Complete the online application
- Once an application has been successfully submitted, a confirmation message will be displayed and a notification sent to the approval committee.
- The review committee may ask for additional information or supporting documentation. Please include detailed application responses to expedite the review process.
- Applicants will be reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis to determine award eligibility.
- Applicants will be notified within 2 – 3 business days of the final decision and of any necessary next steps.
We are here to support you. If you want more information or help with this process please contact Paul Dorres or 541-737-5655 .