Applicants to the Dept. of EMT must have*:
- Bachelor's Degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, pharmacy, or other closely related fields
- One year of biology
- One year of organic chemistry
- One year of physics
- Mathematics through integral calculus
- GPA of 3.25 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- GRE aptitude score - GRE test scores must be supplied to the Graduate School, but there is no minimum required score.
- Foreign applicants must score 550 or higher on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
*Students who do not meet all of these requirements may be admitted if their academic record is otherwise outstanding.
Applications are also invited from students with the M.S. degree in chemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, and related fields, or the D.V.M. or M.D. degree. Advanced placement can be accomplished by transfer of relevant course work to Oregon State University provided these courses meet the basic objectives of the EMT Graduate Program and are approved for transfer by the research (thesis) advisor, Dept. Head, and the Graduate School.