E.R. Jackman Friends and Alumni (ERJFA) is a membership organization within OSU's College of Agricultural Sciences dedicated to offering direct support for students and various programs within the college to enhance the academic journey of CAS students.
The ERJFA fund was created to continue Jackman’s legacy of improving agricultural research and education.Over the years, the fund has grown to a $1.4 million endowment to benefit the College and its students.These resources are overseen by a Board of Directors to “support the goals of the College of Agricultural Sciences, to support its students and staff and to enhance educational opportunities about Agriculture in the State of Oregon.” E. R. Jackman donors and board members generously put their time and money into a program that develops agricultural industry leaders of the future.
Dr. Roy and Jane Arnold Scholarship Endowment, established 2022
- Dr. Roy Arnold served as Dean of the College of Agricultural Sciences from 1987-1990, as Provost and Executive Vice President from 1991-2000 and then as Executive Associate Dean in the College until full retirement in 2006.
Dr. Thayne and Margaret (Missy) McCallum Dutson Scholarship Endowment, established 2022
- Dr. Thayne Dutson served as Associate Dean for Research and Director of the Oregon Agricultural Experiment Station (OAES) from 1987-1992; in 1993 he accepted the position of Dean of the College of Agricultural Sciences and Director of OAES. Dr. Dutson retired in 2008 and moved with his wife Missy to their ranch near Sisters to raise registered Red Angus cattle.
Funds Awarded, 2022
- 10 students received scholarships of $2,000 with a total of $21,500.
- 18 students received a total of $20,750 from the Internship Support Program ranging from $500 to$1600.
- 11 students received $500 each in ERJFA sponsored Financial Hardship Grant for a total of $5500
- 19 students received a total of $16,750 in Beginning Research Funds ranging from $750 –$1000.
- 13 clubs were awarded over $40,000, ranging from $500 to $10,500.
E.R. JACKMAN FELLOWS
What is an ERJFA Fellow?
Being a Fellow is the highest honor in the E.R. Jackman group.
How do I become a Fellow?
To become an ERJFA Fellow, a donation of $3,000 or more must be made to one or more of the group funds within three consecutive years.
What are the benefits of being a Fellow?
- Invitations to quarterly & annual board meetings
- Access to information and programming within the college
- Introduction and exposure to Dr. Staci Simonich, Dean of the College of Agricultural Sciences
- Exclusive ERJFA pin
Annual Meeting & Harvest Dinner - October 13th, 2023
Dean's Dinner - October 27th, 2023
College of Agricultural Sciences Career Fair & Student Showcase - October, 2023
Winter Board Meeting
Spring Board Meeting - April , 2023
Dam Proud Day - April 26th, 2023
OSU Ag & Natural Resources Day - May 9th, 2023
Summer Board Meeting - July 2023
Interested in joining the board?
Fill out submission form
Looking to donate to E.R. Jackman Friends & Alumni?
Have business attire to donate?
Abby is a 2018 graduate of the College of Agricultural Sciences, Agricultural Sciences and Horticulture programs with a Masters in Ag Education. She was a member of the Ag Ed Club, worked in the Office of International Services, a fellow in Leadership Academy, and is a member of the Kappa Alpha Theta Women’s Fraternity.