E.R. Jackman Friends and Alumni is the Colleges membership organization for our alumni and friends. This group of dedicated volunteers actively plans, participates in, and supports student programs, alumni relations, and friend building on behalf of the College.
We have a small and nimble board that works year-round on committees to support students. Here is small sampling of the things we do to create opportunities for students and provide learning experiences beyond the walls of a classroom…
Funding a club field trip to a prominent Northwest business, allowing students to hear from leaders about challenges facing the industry.
Providing scholarships to students who might typically ‘fall through the cracks’.
Supporting summer internships for students in Oregon, the U. S. as well as outside the U.S., such as studying cheese-making in France or wine-making in New Zealand.
Sponsoring club outreach events like OSU Dairy Club’s Beaver Youth Day, which invites students from third grade through high school to come to campus and learn about fitting techniques.
Learn more about who E. R. Jackman was and why we have an entire organization proudly bearing his name.
- Owner of Bellingar Estates wine brand in Newberg
- Retired Chief Operating Officer of Adelsheim Vineyard in Newberg
- Graduate of Animal Sciences & Biology from OSU in 2007
- Agricultural Sciences and Industrial Technology Instructor, Tillamook High School;
- Agricultural, Animal, Food, and Soil Science, and Welding Instructor, Tillamook Bay Community College.
- Resides in Tillamook, OR. email@example.com; 503-812-6189
Stella Melugin Coakley,
- Retired, Associate Dean Emeritus, College of Agricultural Sciences, Professor Emeritus, Botany and Plant Pathology, Oregon State University.
- Resides in Corvallis, OR. Stella.firstname.lastname@example.org; 541-753-6215
Mary Anne Cooper,
- Vice President of Public Policy for the Oregon Farm Bureau.
- Honors Bachelor of Science in Environmental Economics, Policy and Management in 2006.
- Resides in Gladstone. email@example.com, 541-740-4062
- Retired Professional Administrative Services, Inc., administrator for commodity commissions and agricultural organizations; lobbyist.
- BS in Agricultural Economics from Oregon State University in 1973.
- Resides in Monmouth, Oregon. firstname.lastname@example.org 503-559-5464.
- President of Pugh Seed Farm Inc. and Ampac Seed Co.
- B.S. in General Agriculture from Oregon State University in 1997.
- Resides in Shedd, OR. email@example.com, 541-979-3435.
- Retired former Senior Vice President of Harry and David and former chair of the Oregon Water Resources Commission and member of the Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board.
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology OSU 1964.
- Resides in Medford, OR firstname.lastname@example.org 541-944-0540
- Global Vegetable R&D Testing & Operations Lead, Bayer Crop Science;
- Oregon State University-Agronomic Crop Science, 1977 BS;
- Resides in Woodland, CA email@example.com, 530-867-0566
- Owner of AgCultured Consulting, LLC works with agricultural business and associates on International Trade issues and programs.
- Oregon State University, Agricultural and Resource Economics Bachelor of Science – 1997.
- Resides in Turner. firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-767-8232.
Lou Ann Wolfe,
- Irrigated agriculture in Hermiston, OR.
- Merritt-Davis School of Commerce 1965.
- Contact info: email@example.com; 541-571-3352
ER Jackman Friends and Alumni Board: Annual Meeting, October 11, 2019. From left to right:
Dean Alan Sams, President Denver Pugh, Stella Coakley, Penny Diebel, Kathy Ward, Jack Long, Past-President Lou Ann Wolfe, Kim Bellingar, Jackie Thorsness and John Roberts. Not pictured: Hayden Bush, Mary Anne Cooper, John McCulley, and Karen Withers.
Comments from Board Members about why they are serving:
Kim Bellingar "I love OSU and the College of Agricultural Sciences, because that’s where I met my wonderful hubby! I also believe that ERJ is doing wonderful things in being able to provide hard-working students within the College of Agricultural Sciences and a chance to expand their learning beyond the classroom, and take advantage of truly incredible opportunities through clubs and internship programs. I benefitted massively from my experiences with the CAS clubs, ERJ scholarship program, and want to see others have the same opportunity."
Karen Withers “Since my teen years I dreamt of working in International Agriculture. Without the support of the ER Jackman funding that may not have come true. I am very thankful for their financial assistance but even more so the encouragement and communication from my donor who stayed in touch with me beyond my undergraduate years. The College of Ag. Sciences and the ER Jackman Friends and Alumni are amazing organizations changing lives of students every single year!”
Friday, October 23, 2020, 2-4 p.m.
ER Jackman Friends and Alumni Annual Meeting by Zoom