THANK YOU for your willingness to partner with us
to enhance the learning of a Leadership Minor student.
As we developed the minor, research and business and industry strongly recommended providing students with a practical, hands-on opportunity to apply and develop their leadership skills.
So what's required of you as a Site Supervisor?
Prior to the experience:
1. ) Meet with the student and discuss the opportunities for him/her to be involved in a meaningful way that will strengthen their leadership.
- The student should be able to describe several leadership learning outcomes they have for the experience.
2. ) Once you have met with the student, please fill out the short supervisor verification form.
- You can print and fill out the verification form yourself and then give the completed form back to the student
- Or you can require the student to provide you with the documentation themselves
To download and open the Supervisor Verification Form, click here: Supervisor Verification Form
It is important the student be challenged in a way that will enhance their leadership.
If the student is already working for you, they do not have to do a completely different job; rather, they could keep their same job but change a few of the responsibilities to include more management, oversight, planning, logistics, communication, problem-solving, delegation, etc. to name a few.
The goal is to push the student into new and challenging situations which will allow them to grow and develop as leaders.
After the experience:
1. ) The only thing you will be asked to do is complete an end-of-experience evaluation
- The evaluation should only take 5-10 minutes and will provide us with your estimate of where the student is at, and what you saw in terms of their leadership growth and development.
- The student will provide you with an email link to quickly take and complete a post-experience evaluation.
- You do not need to track student hours, but you will be asked to provide an estimate of the number of hours they worked.
Site Supervisor Info Packet:
If your site supervisor cannot view the webpage or would like a physical copy of the agreement, click here: Supervisor Informational Packet
Should you need to contact us:
To email us, click here: Leadership Minor Email
Office: (541) 737-2661