- Publicly acknowledge the accomplishments of outstanding College of Agricultural Sciences alumni.
Nature of award
- Nominating unit will serve as host when the recipient visits campus to receive the award. Arrangements for the visit should include interaction with students and faculty, which might include seminars and discussions.
- Awardees will receive a plaque or other award suitable for display.
- Awards are intended for recipients of undergraduate or graduate degrees from current or former programs within the College of Agricultural Sciences or our joint programs.
- Awards will be publicized through press releases and will be posted on the College website.
- At the committee’s recommendation, more than a single award may be made in each category.
- Current faculty or staff is not eligible for nomination.
The Legacy Award is a career lifetime achievement award. It is given to an individual who has made a lasting and meritorious contribution to their chosen field, OSU, or society at large throughout their career.
Leader award is given to an individual who has distinguished herself or himself through professional practice and service to OSU, her or his profession, or society at large. Nominees should have at least 20 years of professional experience.
Luminary award is given to an individual who has made early career and community contributions that clearly identify her or him as a future leader. The nominee should have at least 10 years of professional experience.
Nomination and eligibility
- Nominations are accepted only from College of Agricultural Sciences unit leaders, not from other sources.
- Each unit may submit no more than one nomination in each category per year.
- The nominee’s career and accomplishments should be truly outstanding.
- Nominee must be an alumnus of the College of Agricultural Sciences or its joint programs.
- Anyone currently holding or running for an elected public office is not eligible.
- Nominations not selected for an award will be kept active for three (3) years, but the author of the nomination should assure that the content remains accurate and up-to-date.
- Applications submitted for OSU Alumni Association awards that are not selected for University-wide recognition may be submitted without change for these College-level awards.
- Nominations shall be submitted in electronic form and are due Friday, June 1, 2018 to email@example.com
- Nomination letter from unit leader limited to two pages, describing clearly the nominee’s post-OSU accomplishments, measures of success, and examples of his or her impact on the industry or profession.
A résumé, curriculum vitae or other documentation must be attached.
Award selection committee
The College of Agricultural Sciences Deans’ Group will review nominations and recommend the awardees to the Dean who will make the final selection.
Presentation of awards
Awards are presented at the Dean's Dinner, Thursday, October 18, 2018.
Nominations are due Friday, June 1, 2018
Please send via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org