IPM is always evolving, and the sharing of ideas is a key component to success. Oregon IPM Center hosts meeings and events to connect people working in IPM to encourage collaboration. We also publish a quarterly newsletter to share IPM news, events, and highlight ongoing projects.
Our Monthly Newsletter
Our monthly IPM Newsletter features articles about ongoing research, Extension activities and insights, job openings and grant opportunities, and links to recent publications related to IPM written or co-authored by OSU staff and faculty. This newsletter informs, serves, and connects everyone involved in IPM in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest. Ideas and suggestions for content are welcome and encouraged.
- November 2023: Chlorpyrifos alternatives research team, "Voles, Drones, and Dogs" project, announcing PNW insect management conference, and more
- October 2023: Fall flowers and Martha Stewart, invasive mussels, managing insects and diseases in hemp, call for host farms, and more
- September 2023: Waterhemp detected in ID, biocontrol in hazelnuts (video), native vs. invasive thistles, real-time forecasts for emerald ash borer (EAB), and more
- July / August 2023: Vine mealybug interview, IPM in the NY Times, farmworker safety during high temperatures, grasshopper surveys, and more
- June 2023: Pollinator week, "What's your lawn style?" videos, Hyslop field day, and more
- May 2023: Pheno-forecasts for emerald ash borer, Spanish language IPM graphics, boxwood leafminer model, and more
- April 2023: New resources for pesticides and pollinators, Farmer to Farmer IPM Workshop in Jamaica, OSU shines at PBESA and more
- March 2023: Solve Pest Problems is now part of the OIPMC, URSA students join the center, awards to OSU staff and more
January / February 2023: USPest.org updates its EAB resources, Oregon's new plate for pollinator research, SOREC has a news director and more
- December 2022: Happy Holidays! Christmas trees, invasive species reports, a new Ent club, and the EAC annual conference
- November 2022: New Director at HAREC, New Assoc. Dean for Extension and Engagement, OIPMC needs your input and rain beetles!
- October 2022: SOLVE Pest Problem launches, IPM for Pollinator Protection videos, student perspectives on research and more.
- September 2022: Our Director moves to Corvallis, IPM Festival in S. Oregon, Hazelnut research highlights and more
- August 2022: Oregon's new Pest Monitoring Network, Emerald ash borer, and OIPMC at the International Congress of Entomology
- July 2022: Emerald Ash Borer in Oregon, SWD Biocontrol, and OIPMC talks IPM in Southern Oregon
- May / June 2022: Grasshopper and codling moth research, a new pest of pines in Oregon, biocontrol in apples, and a huge events calendar for the summer
- April 2022: Cold snap in Oregon, IPM Summit recap, and an article about bringing together the Latin American and Hispanic U.S. entomology community.
- March 2022: IPM Summit Report, IPM Symposium Report, IPM Tools for the upcoming season, and more
- February 2022: IPM Summit is open for registration, good news for SWD growers, and lots of new IPM Publications.
January 2022: New leadership at Experiment stations, diamondback moth rears its ugly head, events, jobs and more
- December 2021: School IPM, insect ID resources, OIPMC out and about plus spotted lanterfly honey
- November 2021: Events, jobs and funding, plus Brittany Barker presents her work to CSS
- October 2021: Events, video highlighting spotted lanternfly, jobs and funding opportunities.
- September 2021: Video highlighting IPM research in hazelnuts, news, jobs and grants.
- August 2021: USPest.org's new PUSH system, drought and heat effects, cockroach management and more.
- July 2021: Quick News: Jobs, Funding Announcements
- June 2021: Quick News: Jobs, Funding and Announcements
- April / May 2021: Quick News: Jobs, Funding and Announcements
- March 2021: Quick News, Jobs and Funding Opportunties
- February 2021: Quick News, Jobs and Funding Oppotunities
January 2021: Vol 2, Issue 1: Winter 2021
- November 2020: Quick News, Jobs, and Funding Opportunities
- October 2020: Quick News, Jobs and Funding Opportunities (Addendum 10/9/2020)
- September 2020: Vol 1, Issue 3: Fall 2020
- August 2020: Quick News, Jobs and Funding Opportunities
- July 2020: Quick News, Jobs and Funding Opportunities
- June 2020: Vol 1, Issue 2: Summer 2020
- May 2020: Quick News, Jobs and Funding Opportunities
- March 2020: Vol I, Issue 1: Spring 2020
- January 2020: Announcing the Oregon IPM Center!
Videos, Posters & Publications
- Visit the Oregon IPM Center YouTube Channel for all of our videos, or jump to specific playlists:
- Solve Pest Problems: a digital pest management resource for the PNW (Silvia Rondon, Jessica Green, Kaci Buhl, and Weston Miller)
- DDRP: a modeling tool to guide decision making for pest surveillance and management (Brittany Barker, Len Coop and Teresa Crimmins)
- Integrating Short and Long Term Risk Models for Boxwood Blight (Len Coop, Brittany Barker and Chuanxue Hong)
- IPM Strategic Plans for Oregon's Ornamental Nurseries (Chris Hedstrom and Isaac Sandlin)
- Introducing the Oregon IPM Center (Chris Hedstrom)
- IPM in potatoes: predicting phenology of four hemipteran pests in the lower Columbia Basin (Tiziana Oppedisano, Govinda Shrestha, Sarah Anderson, Ira D. Thompson, and Silvia I. Rondon)
Events hosted by Oregon IPM Center
- 2023: Farmer to Farmer Workshop St. Catherine, Jamaica, March 19-25, 2023
- 2023 Pacific Northwest Insect Management Conference Jan 8-9, 2023
- 2022 Biodiversity on Western Farms - May 24 and 25, 2022
- 2022 Oregon State University IPM Research and Extension Summit
- 2022 Pacific Northwest Insect Pest Management Conference
- 2021 Oregon IPM Research and Extension Virtual Summit - February 25, 2021
2021 Pacific Northwest Insect Management Virtual Conference - January 4 & 5, 2021
- co-hosted by Oregon State University, Washington State University, NW Berry Foundation, and USDA-ARS
- 2020 Oregon IPM Research and Extension Summit - January 15, 2020