This award recognizes exceptional achievements in career, public service or volunteer activities that bring honor to Oregon State University. Nominations are reviewed, and awards granted, by the OSU Alumni Association Board of Directors’ standing Awards Committee. Nominations may be submitted by alumni, friends of the university, faculty and staff members.
- Any alumni of Oregon State University who are 35 years of age or younger.
- Must be willing to return to campus during homecoming to receive the award in person.
- The award shall recognize individuals whose service to the university, service to their community or accomplishment in their chosen career reflects positively on all alumni and the university.
Those Ineligible For Nominations:
- A candidate for any public office.
- Anyone currently serving as a member of the OSU Alumni Board of Directors, or OSU Alumni Association Employee.
- Submissions will include:
- Letter of nomination which includes individual’s reason for nomination
- Current resume or vitae
- Original nomination form in cover page.
All nominations will be reviewed by the OSUAA Awards Committee, who will make the selection.
Frequency And Number Of Awards To Be Presented:
Awards shall be made annually.
Announcement, Time And Place Of Presentation Of Award:
- This award shall be presented during Homecoming.
- The Director of Alumni Relations will inform recipient after they have been selected.
- The Director will then notify the college of the recipient when the recipient has agreed to return for the award ceremony.
OSUAA will consider all nominations active for three years, or until the nominee reaches the age of 35, whichever occurs first. Nominations may be updated during the three-year period.