To recognize students, staff, and faculty as a team or individuals for outstanding efforts to enhance diversity and inclusion in the college or university that have a significant impact on the college. Presentation of this award will serve to highlight the importance of efforts to recognize equity, inclusion, and civil discourse as core values of the College of Agricultural Sciences, and to acknowledge the importance of diversity to developing solutions that more effectively serve all of humanity.
One award of $1000 will be made to individuals; teams will receive $4000. In addition, individuals will receive a plaque, and members of teams will receive a certificate. The formal announcement and presentation of the award(s) will be made at the College of Agricultural Sciences' Faculty and Staff Luncheon.
The nominees must be staff, faculty, or students majoring in the College of Agricultural Sciences. A team will be defined as two or more people and can exist within a single administrative unit, but more frequently will cross administrative units. The purpose of this award is intended to honor the noteworthy efforts of teams or individuals that lead to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within the college.
Evaluations will be based on the following criteria:
- Leadership in inclusion efforts connected to CAS
- Leadership in innovative approaches to inclusion and diversity enhancements
- Signals of change or impact that may be resulting from these efforts
- Service to the college and university related to diversity and inclusion
- Recognition in their discipline
- Peer recognition
Nominations may be made by individuals or groups, including administrators and staff or from any of the many constituency groups related to Oregon State University and the College of Agricultural Sciences. The nomination materials should document the accomplishments of the nominee(s). Complete nomination packets (.pdf format) should be emailed to Meghan Heineman at email@example.com by 5:00 pm Wednesday, November 18, 2020.
- NEW - Nominations must include a one-paragraph summary of the awardee’s biography, specific to this award. This paragraph will be used as a script to be read by the Presenter during the awards ceremony and should be 250 words, maximum
- A letter of nomination consisting of no more than two single-spaced pages
- Professional resume
Three to five supporting letters
- A nomination packet may be resubmitted a second time with the previous year's letters of support. An updated summary, letter of nomination, and resume must be prepared.
The award winners will be selected by the College of Agricultural Sciences Awards Committee comprising faculty, professional faculty, and classified staff.
This award is sponsored through the Dean’s Excellence Fund.