To recognize superior and distinguished interdisciplinary team achievements through teaching, research, international, or extended education activities of faculty and staff. Presentation of this award will serve to highlight the importance of an interdisciplinary team effort in achieving the goals of the College of Agricultural Sciences, Oregon State University and of Oregon agriculture, and to show in a tangible way that the College stands strongly behind such efforts.
The award will consist of the Oldfield/Jackman certificate presented to each team member and an award of $4,000 for the team. The announcement of the award recipients will be made at the College of Agricultural Sciences' Faculty and Staff Luncheon.
The nominees must include faculty or staff members in the College of Agricultural Sciences at Oregon State University. For purposes of this award, a team will be defined as two or more people working toward a specific objective. Interdisciplinary teams will involve the participation of persons trained in different fields and with unique skills. An interdisciplinary team can exist within a single administrative unit, but more frequently will cross interdepartmental, intercollegiate, intercampus or inter-institutional administrative lines. Recognition will be for sustained team efforts which have produced substantial results in research, teaching, extended education, and international programs, or any combination of these, during the past three year period.
The same team may receive the award more than once if continuing nominations clearly identify productive progress since the earlier award.
Nominations will be evaluated on the basis of excellence demonstrated in the following areas:
- Ingenuity, productivity, and impact
- Team effort, the influence of effort on the success of the project or problem
- A project or problem identification and strategy
- Quality of the nomination
Nominations may be made by individuals or groups, including administrators and staff or from any of the many constituency groups related to Oregon State University and the College of Agricultural Sciences. Complete nomination packets (.pdf format) should be emailed to CAS-Deans.Approval@oregonstate.edu by 5:00 pm on Monday, April 4, 2022.
- NEW - Nominations must include a one-paragraph summary of the awardee’s biography, specific to this award. This paragraph will be used as a script to be read by the Presenter during the awards ceremony and should be 250 words, maximum
- A summary that includes the program title and description, team member names, titles, and FTE assignments
- A professional resume of each team member
Three letters of support documenting the interdisciplinary nature and impact of the team effort, including one from outside the University
- A nomination packet may be resubmitted a second time with the previous year's letters of support. An updated summary for use during the presentation of awards, an updated summary of the team if there were changes in titles or FTE, and updated resumes for each team member must be resubmitted.
The team will be selected by the College of Agricultural Sciences' Awards Committee comprised of faculty, professional faculty, and staff.
The award is provided jointly by E. R. Jackman and the contributions of James and Mildred Oldfield and their friends.