To recognize an administrator for outstanding contributions to the research mission by of the College of Agricultural Science at Oregon State University
One cash award of $1000.00 will be made. The formal announcement and presentation of the award will be made at the College of Agricultural Sciences' Faculty and Staff Luncheon where the recipient will receive the cash award and a plaque.
The nominees must be a Department Head, Branch Station Director, Center Director, or a faculty member with significant administrative responsibilities within the College of Agricultural Sciences (CAS). The award is intended to honor the noteworthy leadership in advancing the research mission of the Agricultural Experiment Station and CAS.
Evaluations will be based on the following:
- Leadership in developing new research programs or initiatives
- Engaging stakeholders in advancing the research objectives of their units
- Recruiting, mentoring and assisting the development of new faculty
- Demonstrating scholarship in their performance of their administrative duties
- Service to the college and university
- Recognition in their discipline
- Peer recognition
The nomination materials should document the leadership accomplishments of the nominee in detail using the criteria above. Nominations should be submitted by members of the CAS administrative team. Complete nomination packets (.pdf format) should be emailed to Meghan Heineman at email@example.com by 5:00 pm Wednesday, November 18, 2020.
- NEW - Nominations must include a one-paragraph summary of the awardee’s biography, specific to this award. This paragraph will be used as a script to be read by the Presenter during the awards ceremony and should be 250 words, maximum
- A letter of nomination consisting of no more than two single-spaced pages
- Professional resume
- Position description
Three to five supporting letters
- A nomination packet may be resubmitted a second time with the previous year's letters of support. An updated summary, nomination letter, resume, and position description (if there were changes since the first submission) must be prepared.
The College of Agricultural Sciences' Awards Committee will select the award winners. This committee is composed of the College of Agricultural Sciences' faculty, professional faculty, and staff.
This award is sponsored by the Agricultural Research Foundation.