Grants for faculty or staff at US higher education institutions to support curriculum that engages students in science and technology innovation and entrepreneurship. Successful proposals will create or strengthen courses or programs; provide students with a meaningful experience; set the stage for sustained institutional change, and articulate a plan for broadening participation among underrepresented groups.
The proposed course or program focus may include one of the following areas:
- General (science- and technology-based) entrepreneurship
- Sustainable technologies (new materials, clean tech, green energy and chemistry innovation)
- Climate change solutions (technology to mitigate and/or adapt to climate change), especially technologies that support communities most impacted by climate change
- Biomedical and healthcare innovation
- Technologies that address poverty alleviation and basic human needs