(1) "Firearm" means a weapon or device, by whatever name known, which is designed to expel a projectile by the action of black powder, smokeless powder, compressed air, gas, compressed spring or by any chemical action, and which is readily capable for use as a weapon.
(2) "Weapon" means any knife having a blade that projects or swings into position by force of a spring, by centrifugal force or by gravity and is commonly known as a switchblade knife; any hunting or target bow, any crossbow; any dirk, dagger, slingshot, metal knuckles; or any similar instrument by the use of which injury could be inflicted upon the person or property of any other person.
(3) "Destructive Device" means:
(a) A projectile containing an explosive or incendiary material or any other chemical substance; or
(b) A bomb, grenade, missile, or similar device or any launching device therefore.
(4) "University Sanctioned Use" means: R.O.T.C., OSU Pistol Club, OSU Rifle Club, or other uses approved by the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
(5) "Designated Storage Area" means: Areas designated by OSU Security Services as secure areas for storage of firearms, including the ROTC, OSU Pistol Club and OSU Rifle Club storage areas.
(1) Possession, use, or threatened use of firearms, ammunition, ammunition components including but not limited to smokeless powder, black powder, primers and percussion caps, dangerous chemicals, weapons, or destructive devices, are not allowed on property owned or controlled by Oregon State University except as expressly authorized by law or authorized in this rule. Possession of a concealed weapons permit does not constitute authorization by law for purposes of this rule.
(2) University students may bring firearms and ammunition to campus only in connection with a University sanctioned use.
(3) University employees may bring firearms and ammunition to campus only for University sanctioned use.
(4) While not in use, firearms must be stored at all times in a University designated storage area.
(5) Firearms, weapons, destructive devices or ammunition may be used on campus owned or controlled property only in connection with a University sanctioned use. Use must be consistent with the regulations of the organization conducting the sanctioned use.
(6) University staff in the Departments of Animal Sciences, Crop and Soil Sciences, Rangeland Resources, Horticulture, Fisheries and Wildlife, Branch Agricultural Experiment Stations, and College of Veterinary Medicine may possess a firearm while performing their authorized duties. When not in use, firearms must be removed from University property or stored in a designated storage area.
(7) Firearms must have a trigger guard in place before being brought on to University owned or controlled property. The trigger guard shall remain in place while the firearm is stored in the designated storage area.
(8) This rule does not apply to University family housing units or University-owned single family dwellings.
(1) Any person who violates this rule is subject to:
(a) Institutional disciplinary proceedings, if a student or employee;
(b) An order to leave the immediate premises or property owned or controlled by the University by a person in charge of University property.
(2) Persons failing to comply with an order by a person in charge to leave or to remain off the immediate premises or property owned or controlled by the University are subject to arrest for criminal trespass.
(3) The Vice President for Finance and Administration, the Director of Facilities Services, Vice Provost for Student Affairs, Coordinator of Student Conduct, Director of University Housing and Dining Services, Director of Conferences and Special Events, Director of the Memorial Union and Educational Activities, Manager of Security Services, and their designees are included among those "persons in charge" of University property for purposes of ORS 164.205(5) and this rule.