I encourage you to attend as many events as possible during the 2017 Ag Days. I think you will find a enriched and expanded list of opportunities in addition to the traditional Day in the Quad activities. The Agricultural Executive Council Officer Team and CAS Clubs have put in a lot of work to bring these opportunities to campus.
Monday, May 1st : Global Opportunities and Sustainability Day
Where: LaSells Stewart Center
Time: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
What: We will have multiple workshops and panels on global opportunities offered by our college and panels on sustainability in agriculture. Students will also show case research projects and global opportunities through poster presentations. In addition, we will have tables with information on upcoming trips and other opportunities for students.
Panels and Workshops:
- Global Opportunities Panel: 9:00am – 10:00am,
- OSU faculty, staff, and students sharing opportunities and experiences about traveling abroad.
- Poster Session : 10:00am – 11:00am
- This gives students that chance to show off their research and study abroad opportunities.
- Peace Corps Breakout Session: 11:00am – 12:00 pm
- This breakout session will give participants the opportunity to discuss Peace Corps options post-graduation.
- Program Provider Panel: 11:00 am – 12:00pm
- CAS Global Opportunities – Looking Ahead: 12:00pm – 1:00pm
- Looking ahead at upcoming opportunities through the College of Agriculture Sciences.
- International Industries Panel: 12:00pm – 1:00pm
- This panel brings together international industry professionals to answer any questions regarding international agriculture and export services.
- Farm Succession: 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- This workshop will discuss opportunities, hurtles, and details to look for when taking over a farm.
- Language Consideration in Agriculture (Ethics Panel): 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Examining language opportunities for farming organizations that supports inclusive and relevant language development across cultures.
- This is a required event for clubs.
Tuesday, May 2nd:Day in the Quad
Where: The SEC Plaza, brick mall, and MU.
Time: Event: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Setup: 9:00 am – 9:45 am
Breakdown: 2:00 pm – 3:00pm
What: The “Day in the Quad” activity provides your club the opportunity to showcase what your club does in a fun manner. In addition, we ask that clubs send their president and another representative to join us with lunch with members of the E.R Jackman Foundation. At this lunch, each club is asked to prepare a slide of information about the activities in your club.
Wednesday, May 3rd : Keynote Speaker - ODA Director Alexis Taylor
Time: 10:00 am – 11:00am
Where: Horizon room
What: To end our 2017 Ag Days, newly appointed Oregon Department of Agriculture Director Alexis Taylor will present a 30-minute speech regarding the future of agriculture for the State of Oregon. It will conclude with a 15-minute Q&A session with the Director.