- Impact of milk hauling on raw milk quality
- Evidence of Terroir in Oregon milk sources and impact on cheese characteristics
- Start-up and operating costs associated with artisan cheese production
- Transformation of whey into vodka - possible value added potential for small to medium scale cheese producers
- Modification of bloomy rind cheese making recipe to allow for High Pressure Processing
OSU Dairy Processing Extension Specialist, is a Professor in Food Science & Technology. She holds two professorships: the Paul & Sandra Arbuthnot Professorship and the ODI-Bodyfelt Professorship. Her program involves teaching, research, and extension.
My research program is based on the Dairy Processing Extension Program. It offers the opportunity to provide an in-depth investigation of specific challenges facing the dairy industry. Participating graduate students receive training in applied research and are expected to work independently. Our close collaboration with the industry ensures that students are aware of current issues important to dairy processors.
Current and Recent Research Projects