- Bilingual Education programs in plant health.
- Management practices to control plant diseases in Nursery crops and ornamentals.
- Applied research in soil-borne pathogens.
- Survey for “Nursery Industry Assessment of Hispanic Employee Training opportunities” (English and Spanish forms).
- Customized training in plant health for the Nursery Industry.
- Workshop: Introduction to plant pathology with hands-on experience, and demonstration of diagnostic tools (In Spanish).
- Training of High School students in different techniques of microbiology and plant pathology. Current research in this program: Isolation and identification of endophytes and potential pathogens of Himalayan blackberry, a noxious weed in the PNW.
My main goal is to develop educational programs based on the needs and priorities for the Oregon nursery industry.
Program Areas of Focus:
Description of Research /Extension program
Primary Audience(s) Served: Nursery growers and managers, Spanish speaking workers, High School and Community College students.
Key Programs in progress: