A brief history of land acquisition at the Vegetable Farm
1947: The earliest reference found, a survey of the 18-acre “old farm”, now know as the east farm
1957: Purchase of the 32 (plot) acres from Segmuller. Location of the current lab buildings, barns and residence. Now known as the west farm.
1973: Purchase of the SMith Farm, 23 acres plot ground, and residence.
1985: Donation of the 12 acres from Crop and Soil Science, land that includes the Oregon Electric Railroad right of way (rocks) and some poorly drained ground.
1991: Purchase of 8 acres from Harry Lagerstaedt (4 acres contiguous to Botany Farm)
2003: Purchase of 18 acres from Animal Science Department. Efficient use contingent on purchase of 5 acres of private ground separating our parcels
2005: Gain of 5 acres from disbanded Entomology farm (also Entomology Building, but still being used by ex-entomology professors)
2007: Loss of entomology ground and 18 acres of old Dairy ground to the golf course
2010: Inherited 50 acres from Hyslop farm comprising hop yard and south to Highway 34
View full size image of the Land Acquisition map