- Organic carbon accumulation in Umbric Ferralsols. Laspau. Graduate Student: Pedro Henrique Rodrigues de Moraes Martinez, (PhD)
- A Mechanistic Understanding of PFAS in Source Zones: Characterization and Control. SERDP. Lead PI: Jennifer Field. Graduate Student: Tom Wanzek (PhD)
- Strengthening Soil Health to Suppress Verticillium Wilt in Potato Production Systems. Northwest Potato Research Consortium. Graduate Student: Larisa LaMere (MSc)
- Which cover crop varieties can improve soil quality in Central Oregon ? ARF. Lead PI: Clare Sullivan. Central Analytical Laboratory. Lab Manager: Gloria Ambrowiak. Faculty Research Assistant: Adam Fund
- Solidifying the Oregon Soil Health Assessment. NRCS. Central Analytical Laboratory. Gloria Ambrowiak. Faculty Research Assistant: Adam Fund
The processes at the interface between organic matter and mineral surfaces, including mineral surface properties, organic matter properties, bonding mechanisms, adsorption processes, mineral-microbial interactions, and organic matter turnover dynamics.