- About Us
- Contact Us
- Evacuation Plan
- Maps & Directions
- Policies and Procedures
- Section Users
The Oregon State University research greenhouses are part of the College of Agricultural Sciences – Agricultural Experiment Station (CAS\AES). The management of the East and West Greenhouses is done by the Greenhouse Operations (GOPS) unit which reports directly to the CAS Deans office. The current GOPS staff consists of a Manager, 3 Bio Science Research Technicians III, 3 Student Residents, and 5-10 Regular Student workers.
Here to sign up for a Worker Protection Standard (WPS) session? Sign up using your ONID at the Oregon State University professional development site: http://oregonstate.edu/training/course_view.php?crse_id=537
East Greenhouse is located at 2801 SW Campus Way on the northwest corner of the Oregon State University campus in Corvallis. The facility was built in 1927 by Thompson's Horticultural Works of Portland, Oregon. Currently the greenhouses serve as a facility for Resident Instruction, Graduate Research and Sponsored Research. It consists of 19 glass greenhouse sections covering 25,500 sq.ft of growing space.
West Greenhouse is located at 3201 SW Campus Way on the northwest corner of the Oregon State University campus in Corvallis. The West Greenhouse, also built by Thompson's Horticultural Works, was erected in eight stages from 1948 through 1966. The facility consists of 72 glass rooms, 58 fixed roof lab or head house rooms and covers an approximate area of 93,000 sq.ft . West Greenhouse section 5 (3,240 sq.ft.) was added in 1997.