To recognize outstanding contributions to agriculture through research and development activities associated with the Oregon Agricultural Experiment Station, College of Agricultural Sciences.
The announcement of the award winner will be made at the College of Agricultural Sciences' Faculty and Staff Luncheon, where the recipient will receive $1,000 and a plaque.
The candidate must be a living person affiliated with an administrative unit in the College of Agricultural Sciences. Nominees who are not selected may be nominated again the following year.
Nominations will be evaluated on the following basis:
- Research contributions leading to improvement in agricultural production, processing, marketing, distribution or product safety
- Research related to rural development, improved environmental quality, and the improved management and conservation of natural resources (e.g., soil, fisheries, wildlife, and rangelands).
Nominations should be coordinated through a department or administrative unit. Complete nomination packets (.pdf format) should be emailed to CAS-Deans.Approval@oregonstate.edu by 5:00 pm on April 3rd, 2023.
- NEW - Nominations must include a one-paragraph summary of the awardee’s biography, specific to this award. This paragraph will be used as a script to be read by the Presenter during the awards ceremony and should be 250 words, maximum
- A nomination letter of no more than two pages, summarizing the major contributions of the nominee's research efforts
- A professional resume including position description, FTE assignment, and evidence of successful program
- No more than five supporting letters from individuals who can substantiate the impact of the nominee's research contribution. At least two letters should come from individuals not employed by the University
A nomination packet may be resubmitted with the previous year's letter of support. An updated summary, nomination letter, and resume must be prepared.
The award recipient will be selected by the College of Agricultural Sciences' Awards Committee composed of faculty and staff.
The cash award is provided by the Agricultural Research Foundation.