Recognizing faculty achievement within the College of Agricultural Sciences at Oregon State University.
The award will rotate on a three year cycle and the award winner will receive $1,000 and a plaque. Announcement of the award recipient will be made at the College of Agricultural Sciences' Faculty and Staff Luncheon. Note: 2017 is year three of the current cycle.
Must be a faculty member in the College of Agricultural Sciences at Oregon State University.
In years one and two the award shall be given to off-campus faculty in the counties and the research and Extension centers. In year three the award shall be given to an on-campus faculty member with the following criteria. Awards will be made on the basis of program excellence, merit and achievement.
- *NEW* - Nominations must include a one-paragraph summary of the awardee’s biography, specific to this award. This paragraph will be used as a script to be read by the Presenter during the awards ceremony and should be 250 words, maximum.
- Nominations should be coordinated through unit, county, or department offices and the complete nomination packet should be sent to the Office of the Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences.
- Second year submission-year one off-campus nomination packet letters of support may be resubmitted in year two with a new nomination letter and resume.
- Supporting documents should include:
- Nomination letter consisting of no more than two pages, double-spaced, summarizing major contributions.
- A professional resume including position description, FTE assignment, and evidence of successful program.
- No more than five supporting letters from colleagues and clients. At least two letters should come from individuals not employed by the University.
- The award recipient will be selected by the College of Agricultural Sciences Awards Committee composed of faculty and staff.
The cash award is provided through the E.R.Jackman Foundation from the contributions of Dr. and Mrs. Ernest J. Briskey.
Registry of Award Winners