To recognize the career contributions of faculty within the College of Agricultural Science at Oregon State University. The award is intended to honor the careers of truly distinguished faculty in CAS.
One cash award of $1,000 will be made.
In addition, a one-time $1,000 award will be provided for program enhancement in the recipient's department. Possible uses include, but are not limited to the following:
- Equipment purchase,
- a one-time scholarship, or
- library purchases
The recipients will receive the cash award and a plaque. The formal announcement and presentations of the award will be made at the College of Agricultural Sciences' Faculty and Staff Luncheon.
The nominees must be a Professor within the College of Agricultural Sciences. Although there is no minimum time of service required for the award, it is anticipated that the nominees will have spent a significant portion of their academic career at OSU. Nominees who are not selected may be nominated again the following year.
Evaluations will be based on the following criteria:
- Extended contributions by the faculty member to their discipline, professional societies and the advancement of knowledge, academic programs or Extension education to the benefit of their profession, our students, and stakeholders
- Exceptional scholarship in their performance of duties
- Leadership in their discipline
- Service to the college and university
- Peer recognition
- Evidence of recognition beyond the university
The nomination materials should document the sustained contributions of the nominee. Nominations should be coordinated through the respective department of the administrative unit. Complete nomination packets (.pdf format) should be emailed to CAS-Deans.Approval@oregonstate.edu by 5:00 pm on April 3rd, 2023.
- NEW - Nominations must include a one-paragraph summary of the awardee’s biography, specific to this award. This paragraph will be used as a script to be read by the Presenter during the awards ceremony and should be 250 words, maximum
- A letter of nomination consisting of no more than two single-spaced pages
- Professional resume
- Position description
- Three to five supporting letters of which at least two should be external
A nomination packet may be resubmitted with the previous year's letters of support. An updated summary, nomination letter, resume, and position description (if there were changes from the previous submission) must be prepared.
The College of Agricultural Sciences' Awards Committee will select the award winners. This committee is composed of the College of Agricultural Sciences faculty and staff.
This award is sponsored by the Agricultural Research Foundation.