To recognize outstanding and exceptional service by Faculty Research Assistants/Associates within the College of Agricultural Science at Oregon State University
Two cash awards of $1,000 will be made. The formal announcement and presentations of the award will be made at the College of Agricultural Sciences' Faculty and Staff Luncheon where the recipients will receive the cash award and a plaque.
The nominees must be a member of the professional staff within the College of Agricultural Sciences and hold the rank of Faculty Research Assistant, Senior Faculty Research Assistant, or Faculty Research Associate. At the time of nomination, the nominees must have a minimum of three years of service within the College of Agricultural Sciences. Nominees who are not selected may be nominated again the following year.
- Job performance and innovation - as it exceeds normal expectations
- Willingness to accept new responsibilities
- Peer recognition
- Evidence of continued professional growth and development
- Involvement in University-related outside activities
Nominations should be coordinated through the respective department of the administrative unit and include examples of how the nominee excels in the categories listed above. Complete nomination packets (.pdf format) should be emailed to CAS-Deans.Approval@oregonstate.edu by 5:00 pm on April 3rd, 2023.
- NEW - Nominations must include a one-paragraph summary of the awardee’s biography, specific to this award. This paragraph will be used as a script to be read by the Presenter during the awards ceremony and should be 250 words, maximum
- A letter of nomination consisting of no more than two single-spaced pages, summarizing the major contributions of the nominee
- Professional resume
- Position description
- Three to five supporting letters
A nomination packet may be resubmitted with the previous year's letters of support. An updated summary, nomination letter, resume, and position description (if there were changes since the previous submission) must be prepared.
The College of Agricultural Sciences' Awards Committee will select the award winners. This committee is composed of the College of Agricultural Sciences Faculty and Staff.
This award is sponsored by the Agricultural Research Foundation.