To recognize outstanding contributions through teaching, research, international, and/or extended education activities of a young faculty member in the College of Agricultural Sciences at Oregon State University.
The announcement of the award winner will be made at the College of Agricultural Sciences' Faculty and Staff Luncheon where the recipient will receive $1,000 and a plaque.
The nominee must be a faculty member in the College of Agricultural Sciences and be within 15 years of the terminal degree. Nominees who are not selected may be nominated again the following year.
Nominations will be evaluated on the following basis:
- Mastery of the subject
- Ability to communicate and motivate with lectures, programs or publications
- Contributions leading to the improvement of agricultural production, processing, conservation of natural resources, or the development of human potential; and/or the improvement of the quality of life.
Nominations should be coordinated through the department or administrative unit. Complete nomination packets (.pdf format) should be emailed to CAS-Deans.Approval@oregonstate.edu by 5:00 pm on April 3rd, 2023.
- NEW - Nominations must include a one-paragraph summary of the awardee’s biography, specific to this award. This paragraph will be used as a script to be read by the Presenter during the awards ceremony and should be 250 words, maximum
- A nomination letter of no more than two pages, double-spaced, summarizing the major contributions of the nominee's activities
- A professional resume including position description, FTE assignment, and evidence of successful program
- No more than five supporting letters from both colleagues and clients. At least two letters should come from individuals not employed by the University
A nomination packet may be resubmitted with the previous year's letters of support. An updated summary, nomination letter, and resume must be prepared.
Election of the award recipient will be made by the College of Agricultural Sciences' Awards Committee composed of faculty, professional faculty, and staff.
The cash award is provided from the Savery Development Fund of the Agricultural Research Foundation.