To recognize outstanding and exceptional service by classified employees and professional faculty within the College of Agricultural Sciences at Oregon State University.
Up to four cash awards of $1000.00 will be made.
The recipients will receive an award and a framed certificate during the annual College of Agricultural Sciences' Faculty and Staff Luncheon. These awards have been made possible by the personal donations of College of Agricultural Sciences administrators. Administrators felt that recognition should be given to those CAS employees who make our programs and efforts successful.
The nominees must be a member of the classified staff or professional faculty within the College of Agricultural Sciences. At the time of nomination, the nominees must have a minimum of three years of service within the College of Agricultural Sciences.
Evaluations will be based on the following criteria:
- Job performance as it exceeds normal expectations
- Willingness to accept new and/or extra activities
- Evidence of favorable peer respect
- Evidence of continued professional growth
- University-related outside activities
Examples which are applicable should be given in each of the areas listed above to support nominations. Nominations should be coordinated through the respective Department or administrative unit. Complete nomination packets (.pdf format) should be emailed to Meghan Heineman at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm Wednesday, November 18, 2020.
- NEW - Nominations must include a one-paragraph summary of the awardee’s biography, specific to this award. This paragraph will be used as a script to be read by the Presenter during the awards ceremony and should be 250 words, maximum.
- A cover letter, double-spaced, not to exceed two pages that address the six criteria listed above
- Three to five supporting letters
- Position description
A resume of professional activities and other relevant information
- A nomination packet may be resubmitted a second time with the previous year's letters of support. An updated summary, cover letter, position description (if there were changes), and resume must be prepared.
The award winners will be selected by the College of Agricultural Sciences' Awards Committee comprising faculty, professional faculty, and classified staff.
This award is sponsored through E. R. Jackman by gifts from administrators in the College of Agricultural Sciences.