Recognition of outstanding teachers in the College of Agricultural Sciences.
The R. M. Wade Award for Excellence in Teaching will be presented to the top nominee. The winner will also be named to the Registry of Distinguished Teachers and receive $1,100. All other nominees selected as award recipients will be added to the Registry of Distinguished Teachers and will receive a certificate. Awards will be presented during the College of Agricultural Sciences' Faculty and Staff Luncheon. The Registry of Distinguished Teachers, excluding the R. M. Wade winner, will not exceed 3 percent of the number of teaching faculty in the College of Agricultural Sciences annually. The number of the teaching faculty will be based on the December faculty employment records.
- Nominees must be teaching (have assigned FTE) in the College of Agricultural Sciences at the time of nomination, with a minimum of three years teaching experience at Oregon State University with major involvement in at least one course per year
- A person may receive the R. M. Wade Award only once
- Persons selected for the Registry of Distinguished Teachers may be nominated for the R. M. Wade Award in subsequent years
- A person on the Registry of Distinguished Teachers may again be nominated for the same Registry after three years have elapsed
- Mastery of subject matter
- Ability to motivate and stimulate
- Ability to communicate
- Evidence of favorable student and peer response
Nominations should be coordinated through a department or administrative unit. Complete nomination packets (.pdf format) should be emailed to CAS-Deans.Approval@oregonstate.edu by 5:00 pm on Monday, April 4, 2022.
- NEW - Nominations must include a one-paragraph summary of the awardee’s biography, specific to this award. This paragraph will be used as a script to be read by the Presenter during the awards ceremony and should be 250 words, maximum
- A summary not to exceed two pages of the teaching accomplishments showing evidence of successful program
- A summary of the instructor and course evaluations
- No more than five supporting letters, including letters from both current or former students and faculty colleagues
- A professional resume
A position description that includes FTE distribution (FTE can be included in the summary of the instructor if it is not available in the position description)
-A nomination packet may be resubmitted a second time with the previous year's letters of support. An updated summary for use during the presentation of awards, a summary of teaching accomplishments showing evidence of a successful program, a summary of the instructor and course evaluation, professional resume, and a position description (if there were changes) including FTE distribution, must be resubmitted.
The award winners will be selected by the College of Agricultural Sciences' Awards Committee composed of faculty and staff.
The cash award for Excellence in Teaching is sponsored by the R. M. Wade Foundation.